Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Murphy's Law of Short Sales

What Can Go Wrong, Will Go Wrong

The housing market here is sort of... well, awesome, actually.  For buyers, anyway.  Since I can't buy my flat and I'm ready to stop paying rent, I put in an offer on a short sale townhouse in early October.  You don't have to teach 6th grade math to know that was nearly 6 months ago.  

True story: a short sale means the seller owes more on the property than the property is currently worth.  Moral: right place + right time + patience^2 = big win  

If I were a complaining kind of girl, I would start listing what has gone wrong.  Luckily, I think the subject and header of this post says it all - you name it, it's happened.

So instead, I'll use this blog to chronicle everything that has gone right.  Because if I had a dime for everything that has gone wrong, I could buy another house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment